In the Kitchen
The kitchen is one of the most dangerous areas of the house. Just about every item you use to prepare food is unsafe for a young child.
- Cook on the back burners
- Baby proof stove knob covers
- Detergents, pesticides and any other toxic household chemicals should either be locked up or placed well out of your child’s reach.
- Secure the dishwasher door with multipurpose straps.
- You can deter your child from playing with the microwave buttons by mounting the microwave as far back on the bench top as possible, and add a multipurpose latch.
- Most of dangerous things for children hide behind cabinet doors and drawers. Knives, cleaning products, garbage bins. There are all sorts of locks and latches to prevent them from opening your doors and drawers.
- Either lock away the trash can or purchase one with a latch.
- Be careful of plastic shopping bags. Lock them away.